11 October, 2021
Chicken FrancaisePosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
An Italian Favorite in Youngstown…Difficulty: Medium
- Pan Needed: Large, Flat-bottom Skillet
- 2 Chicken Breasts - about 1 lb. thinly sliced, pounded, and seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 oz. Butter - separated
- ½ cup dry White Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 eggs - scrambled with salt and black pepper
- ½ Lemon - squeezed
- ¼ cup all-purpose Flour
- All-purpose Flour - seasoned with salt and black pepper for coating the chicken
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Slices for garnish
- Thinly Slice Skinless Chicken Breasts and pound flat into cutlets.
- Mix Flour with Salt and Pepper for dredging.
- In a medium bowl, whip eggs.
- In a large Skillet, heat oil. Add whole Garlic Cloves.
- Dredge Chicken first in flour and then eggs. Place in hot oil in a single layer.
- Add half of the Butter. Let it melt and flow around the Skillet.
- Fry on Medium-High heat until golden on both sides. Do NOT over brown them. (About 1 minute per side.)
- Remove Chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove Garlic Cloves from Skillet and discard.
- Add 1/4 cup Flour and remaining Butter. Stir to make a roux.
- Add Wine, Lemon Juice, and Chicken Stock, stirring constantly until mixture is well blended, smooth, and comes to a gentle boil.
- Place Chicken back in skillet and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Sauté for 5 minutes on each side.
- Plate and garnish with Lemon Slice and Roux from the skillet.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved