11 October, 2021
Spaghetti & MeatballsPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Spaghetti & Meatballs
An all-time favorite with any type of pasta. It's a classic Italian recipe.Difficulty: Easy
- Needed: 4 Qt Pot
- 1 Lb Ground Beef - Lean
- 1 cup fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg – beaten
- ¾ cup chopped Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic - minced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 ½ Lbs sliced peeled Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon white Sugar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 6 ounces can Tomato Paste
- ¾ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
- Using a Kitchen Mill or Food Grinder process the tomatoes to remove skins and seeds.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar, and bay leaf.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add meatballs and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Serve over your favorite Pasta.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved