17 September, 2023
Chicken and Mushroom CasserolePosted in : Chicken, Pasta on by : MikeZ
Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
A simple, creamy, and comforting pasta dish that's perfect for any evening dinner.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Skillet
- Pasta Pot and Colander
- 1 Lb. Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken - chopped
- 1 Cup Grilled Mushrooms - quartered or halved
- 1 Lg. Shallot - minced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese - + more when served.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cook pasta to al denté. A few minutes before pasta is finished, add frozen peas to pot to thaw, then drain it all, reserving ¼ cup pasta water.
- In large skillet, melt butter. Sauté shallot and mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- Add pasta and peas to skillet; toss to combine. Add some reserved pasta water if pasta looks dry.
- Serve warm, topped with additional cheese. Refrigerate any leftovers.
No Cooked Chicken? No problem. Simply cube thigh or breast meat into bite-sized pieces and sauté in 2 Tbsp. EVOO until all the pink is gone. Reserve chicken in a bowl, then add butter and use the same skillet to continue with the recipe as above. Substitute a Medium Onion for the shallot.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved