17 September, 2023
Corn and Potato ChowderPosted in : Soups on by : MikeZ
Corn and Potato Chowder
This hearty soup is packed with colorful corn and red peppers, perfect for warming up on chilly autumn nights.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Soup Pot
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 Yellow Onion - Diced
- 2 Red Peppers - Diced
- 3 Stalks Celery - Diced
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1½ Lbs. Red Or Yukon Gold Potatoes - Cut into Bite-Sized Pieces
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Ears Sweet Corn
- 1½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. Sugar - Optional
- 1 Bunch Green Onions - Sliced
- Cook bacon in large stockpot on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel-covered plate and set aside.
- Add onion to pot with bacon fat and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add red peppers, celery, salt, pepper, and cayenne; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth; raise heat to high. Bring soup to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Simmer, lowering heat if necessary.
- While potatoes are cooking, strip kernals from Corn cobs. set aside 1 cup of kernels. Place remaining kernels and cream in blender and puree until smooth.
- When potatoes are tender, add corn puree, remaining corn kernels, and sugar to soup. Simmer until corn kernels are tender and corn puree is heated through, 3–5 minutes. Do not allow soup to boil after cream is added.
- Serve soup garnished with crumbled bacon and sliced scallions. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved