25 September, 2022
Cheesy ChickenPosted in : Chicken, Pasta on by : MikeZ
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
A cool weather favorite to warm everyone's tummy.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9 x 13 Baking Pan
- Large Soup Pot To Boil Noodles
- 1 pkg Egg Noodles (12 oz.) - COOKED
- 2 cups Chicken(1) - Cooked & Cubed
- 1 can Cream of Chicken or Mushroom Soup - Undiluted
- ½ cup Mushrooms(2) - Thinly Sliced
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 ½ Cups Cheddar Cheese - Mild or Medium
- 2 Tbsp. Butter - Melted
- Pinch Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- 15 Soda Crackers - Crushed
- Boil Noodles in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, chicken, mushrooms, and cooked noodles. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into a medium casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top of the mixture – drizzle butter over the crackers.
- Top with cheese.
- Cook uncovered at 400°F. for 25 minutes.
(1) – This recipe works well with Chicken Breast Meat OR Skinless/Boneless Thighs. (2) – The Mushrooms are Optional. Feel free to substitute Cream of Mushroom Soup for the Chicken Soup.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved