24 September, 2022
MeatloafPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Bacon Wrapped goodness in 6 individual portions. (See Notes for a Single Loaf variation.)Difficulty: Beginner
- 1 Rimmed Baking Sheet
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 ½ lb. Ground Beef
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- 1 Egg - beaten
- ¼ cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 Small Onion - chopped
- ¼ cup Beef Broth
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper - chopped
- 6 slices Bacon - cut into halves
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the ground beef, cheese, egg, bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, and beef broth in a large bowl. Mix well but do not overmix.
- Shape the meat into small loaves and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Cross the bacon slices over the top of each individual meatloaf, tucking the ends under the loaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until the loaves are cooked through (160° F. internal Temp with digital Meat Thermometer).
- Allow the loaves rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You may substitute 1/4 Cup Water and 1/4 tsp Beef Bullion Granules for Beef Broth. Use 73/27 Beef for juicy loaves. For a Full, Single Loaf: Use the same proportions of ingredients and either use a greased Loaf Pan or pat it into a single log on a greased, foil-covered, rimmed baking sheet. You should still top it with Bacon. Just be sure the single loaf isn’t too thick because it will take longer to bake to the correct internal temperature.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved