30 October, 2021
Beef Brisket – TexasComments : 1 Posted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Oven Baked Texas BBQ Brisket
Oven-Baked to perfection (No Smoker or Grill required)Difficulty: Easy
- Roasting Pan (big enough to fit Brisket)
- 4 – 5 lb. Beef Brisket - with 1/4″ Fat layer intact – NOT Corned Beef Brisket.
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tbs Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 1 Tbs White Sugar
- 3 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lg. Onion - finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 13 oz. Can Tomato Puree
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 12 oz. Can Beer
- Mix Dry Ingredients
- Add Oil & Blend into Paste.
- Mix All Sauce Ingredients & Blend until Smooth.
- Preheat Oven to 400°
- Prepare Rub. Place Brisket in a large, heavy bottomed, greased casserole, fat side UP. Spread RUB evenly on top of Beef and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325° Pour Sauce mix over Beef, cover pan with foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Remove foil, baste with Sauce and finish baking for 1 additional hour. Brisket will reach internal temp of 205°-210°
- Remove frmo Oven, Cover lightly with foil, and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Slice 1/8″ to 1/4″ Thick ACROSS GRAIN. Serve hot with Mashed Potatoes. May be Frozen. Reheat at 200°F after thawing.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved