9 December, 2021
BBQ – Texas BrisketPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Texas BBQ Brisket
Oven Baked perfection. Mouth-watering Brisket that will be the hit of any dinner, from New York to Houston.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Oven-proof Baking Dish or Dutch Oven
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. White Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lg. Onion - finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 Can Tomato Puree - 13oz.
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 Can Beer - 12oz.
- Mix Dry Ingredients then Add Oil &: Blend into Paste.
- Mix All Ingredients & Blend until Smooth.
- Preheat Oven to 400°F
- Place Brisket in a large, heavy bottomed, greaased baking dish, fat side UP. Spread RUB evenly on top of Beef and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°F Pour Sauce mix over Beef, cover pan with foil, and bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil, baste with Sauce and finish baking for 1 additional hour. Brisket will reach internal temp of 205°F – 210°F
- Slice 1/8″ to 1/4″ Thick ACROSS GRAIN. Serve hot with Mashed Potatos.
May be Frozen. Reheat at 200°F after thawing.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved