9 December, 2021
Prime RibPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
A superb, never-fail method to cook Prime Rib Roasts to perfection in your home, every time! 5 Star restaurant Prime Rib quality with almost ZERO work on your part.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Oven-proof Baking Dish or Dutch Oven
- 1 Prime Rib Roast of Beef - with Short Ribs removed (rolled)
- Flour - for Dusting
- Salt & Fresh Pepper
- Allow Roast to warm to Room Temp. (2 to 4 Hours Min.)
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place Roast into Baking Dish fat side up & Rub Flour into fat.
- Season liberally with Salt & Fresh Pepper
- Place the Roast into the oven UNCOVERED for the time shown in the Baking Chart.
- Close oven and DO NOT PEEK.
- At the end of the time shown in the Chart, TURN OFF THE OVEN. DO NOT PEEK!
- With the Oven still closed, allow it to cool to Luke Warm (2 Hours Min.)
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN FOR THIS ENTIRE TIME!!!
- Your Roast will remain warm for up to 4 more Hours.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to your success that you resist the urge to PEEK. The heat loss will ruin the doneness of the Prime Rib. After the roast and the oven are Luke Warm, you may remove it and slice it to serve.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved