28 December, 2022
Swedish MeatballsPosted in : Beef, Pork, Sauces on by : MikeZ
Servings 36 Balls
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Wire rack to fit into Baking Sheet
- Large Skillet
- Cookie Scoop 1 Tbsp. size
- Cooking Spray
- 1 lb. Ground Beef - Lean
- ½ lb. Ground Pork - Lean
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs - unseasoned
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Onion - Finely Chopped
- ½ cup Parsley - Finely Chopped
- ¼ cup Celery - Finely Chopped
- 1 Large Egg - Lightly Beaten
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp. AP Flour
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Reduced-Fat Sour Cream
- ¼ tsp. Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Spray the baking rack with cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in a large bowl. Allow bread crumbs to soak up the milk for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in beef, pork, onion, parsley, celery, egg, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper until combined; mixture will be fairly wet.
- Shape into balls* using a cookie scoop and place on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake about 18 minutes – an internal temp of 145° F. Longer for larger balls.
- While the meatballs are baking, melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in beef broth and Worcestershire until smooth. Stir often until slightly thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and add to the sauce mixture. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve immediately.
* – Make balls to the size you prefer. Using 1 Tbsp. Cookie Scoop yields about 36 balls.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved