14 November, 2021
Peppers – StuffedPosted in : Beef, Pork on by : MikeZ
- Glass Baking Pan or Dutch Oven
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Pot (for Blanching)
- 6 bell peppers - cored and seeded.
- ⅔ lb ground sirloin
- ⅓ lb ground pork
- ¾ cup basmati or brown basmati rice
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ medium onion - finely diced,
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- ⅓ tsp. garlic powder
- salt/pepper. - to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes and juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 carrot (Optional) - diced
- ⅓ tsp, dried oregano
- salt/prpprt - to taste
- Cut tops off peppers, core and seed them, then blanch tops and bottoms in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, rinse, and allow to cool.
- While blanching peppers, par boil rice. Allow to cool.
- Mix all other stuffing ingredients, then stuff the cooled, blanched peppers.
- Put in a glass baking pan or dutch oven standing up, with pepper tops on.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, seasonings, and chopped carrot.
- Bake at 375°F. for about an hour.
Don’t pack the stuffing too hard into the peppers or the rice will be undercooked. Use left-overs to make Stuffed Pepper Soup. Crumble the stuffing, dice the pepper, add Beef broth and a can of whole crushed tomatoes, and season to taste.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved