15 November, 2021
Waffle – Dark ChocolatePosted in : Breakfast on by : MikeZ
Dark Chocolate Waffle
A breakfast treat for the Chocoholics in your family.Difficulty: Easy
- Standard Electric Waffle Maker
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Baking Pan with Wire Rack inside
- 2 cups AP Flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 Large Eggs - separated
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- ½ cup EVOO
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate - at least 70% cacao, finely chopped
- Vegetable Oil sSpray
- Unsalted Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add egg yolks, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Blend with a fork, then gradually incorporate dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Working in 2 batches, fold egg whites into batter just until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Heat a waffle iron until very hot; lightly coat with nonstick spray. Working in batches, cook waffles until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet, cover loosely with foil and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- Serve waffles with a pat of butter and syrup.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved