14 November, 2021
TurtlesPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
A chocolate Christmas candy treat that's wonderful all year round.Difficulty: Beginner
- Several Baking Sheets
- Medium SaucePan
- 4 ounces pecan halves
- 24 individually wrapped caramels - unwrapped
- 1 tsp. shortening
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Cover cookies sheet with aluminum foilwith the shiny side exposed. Lightly grease foil with cooking spray.
- Place 3 pecan halves in a Y shape on the foil. Place 1 caramel candy in the center of each Y. Bake just until caramel is melted, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat in a saucepan, just until chocolate is melted. Spread over candies and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Five Pecans (4 Legs + 1 Head) make for a very realistic Turtle. Also, a second application of Chocolate makes for a really thick and tasty shell.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved