11 October, 2021
Osso BucoPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
A scrumptous Sunday Dinner favorite with a savory sauce.Difficulty: Medium
- 10" Frying Pan
- Covered Baking Dish / Dutch Oven
- 4 Veal Shank Steaks approx 1 inch thick
- 2 cups 16 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup 8 oz. Red Wine
- ◦ 3 Carrots diced
- ◦ 2 Potatoes diced
- ◦ 2 Celery Stalks diced
- ◦ 1 large Onion diced
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- AP Flour for dredging meat
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Dredge Veal Shanks lightly with Flour. Fry in Olive Oil until browned on both sides, place in a roasting pan.
- Saute’ all Veggies in the same frypan until slightly soft approx 8 Minutes.
- Add Sauce and Wine and cook an additional 5 Minutes
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pour Veggies over Veal Shanks in a roasting pan and add the Bay Leaves.
- Cover and place in oven for approx. 1 Hour.
- Remove cover and roast for an additional 25 Minutes.
- The Osso Buco should be fork tender with a thick sauce and tender Veggies.
Usually served over plain White Rice or a Risotto alla Milanese.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved