3 April, 2023
Chili – Sandi’sComments : 1 Posted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
This award-winning recipe is a favorite of our entire Community. Made with simple ingredients, it will warm you on a damp & rainy day or feed you while you watch your team win.Difficulty: Easy
- One Large Pot
- 2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion - chopped
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes - 28 oz. can (do not drain)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce - 28 oz. can
- 4 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Allspice
- ¼ tsp. Corriander
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Large Bay Leaf
- 2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans (Optional) - 15.5 oz – (do not drain)
- Cheddar Cheese (optional) - shredded for garnish
- In a large pot, cook the Ground Beef and Onions over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain off grease.
- Add the Green Pepper, Kidney Beans (Optional), Tomatoes, and Tomato Sauce to the Beef mixture, and add the seasonings. Bring to a boil, and adjust seasonings to taste if necessary. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Top each serving with shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Adding the Kidney Beans actually makes this “Chili con Carne” (literally, “Chili with Beans” in Spanish). The Beans are not everyone’s favorite so we leave them out of batches made for our own table.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved