21 May, 2023
Hamburger with MacaroniPosted in : Beef, Pasta on by : MikeZ
Hamburger with Macaroni
What Mom always called Goulash in our Slovak Home. Others call it Slumgullion or Homemade Hamburger Helper®.Difficulty: Easy
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 medium Onion - Chopped
- 1 stalk Celery - Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - Chopped
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (or Fire Roasted) - 15 oz
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 1 cup Beef Broth or Stock
- ½ lb. Elbow Macaroni
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Cabbage - Optional
- Cook Pasta until al dente.
- Heat Olive Oil in a Dutch Oven or large fry pan.
- Sauté Onions, until translucent.
- Stir in Celery, cook for a minute or two
- Add Peppers.
- Cook for about 3 minutes more.
- Remove from pan.
- Add Ground Meat to the pan
- Cook until crumbled,
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- When meat is done, add Vegetables back to pot.
- Add Tomato Soup, Tomatoes and Stock,
- Stir until well mixed.
- Simmer on low for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Add in cooked, drained Pasta.
- Mix together, simmer for 10 more minutes,
Cooked, Chopped Cabbage may be added if desired to make this truly Slovak/Polish. Use however much you think will be right.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved