4 May, 2022
Beef and NoodlesPosted in : Beef, Pasta on by : MikeZ
Beef and Noodles
Ground Beef in a creamy brown Gravy with Cream of Mushroom Soup and Egg Noodles.
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Large Pot For Cooking Noodles
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion - diced
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- ½ lb. Egg Noodles
- 2 ½ cups Beef Broth
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce or Worcestershire
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup - 10.5 oz
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Cook Pasta per package instructions until al dente.
- Combine beef broth, chicken bouillon, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, and thyme. Set aside.
- Cook the Beef and Onions over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Drain grease. Add minced garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove meat and set aside on a plate.
- Melt butter over medium heat in the same pan in which you cooked the meat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk for 2 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Add ½ cup of the broth mixture and let it come to a gentle boil. Add the remaining broth slowly in splashes, stirring continuously to keep the mixture thick. Boil gently, reducing liquid for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Milk and Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Reduce heat to low. Return Beef to pan and add cheese. Stir to thoroughly combine followed by the noodles.
- Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing. Serve!
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved