30 April, 2022
PastinaPosted in : Pasta, Sides on by : MikeZ
Classic Italian comfort food. Tiny Pasta, cooked with broth and egg.
- Large Saucepan
- 1 oz. Parmesan Cheese - 1/3 cup store-bought grated, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth - divided
- 1 12 oz. Box Dried Pastina Pasta
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- Finely grate 1 ounce Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 firmly packed cup), or measure out 1/3 cup store-bought grated.
- Measure 3 cups of the broth into a large saucepan. Add Pastina and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente and there is a small amount of liquid left in the pan, about 6 minutes. (Slowly add remaining Broth as needed.) Then turn off the heat.
- Immediately add the Parmesan, 1 large Egg, and Black Pepper to taste.
- Quickly stir to blend the egg into the warm pasta and melt the cheese.
- Serve topped with more grated Parmesan or freshly ground black pepper.
Leftover Pasta may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Add more broth to loosen when reheating.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved