1 November, 2021
Pie – PumpkinPosted in : Desserts on by : MikeZ
Once you try this, You'll never go back to canned Pumpkin again. Light, Creamy and so Delicious.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 2 Pies
- Large Canning Pot
- 9" Glass Pie Pan
- Large Baking Sheet
- 1 Pumpkin - Fresh – Soccer Ball Sized
- 2 Eggs - Slightly Beaten
- 1 ½ Cups Pureed Pumpkin - Well Drained
- ¾ Cups Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 Pie Shell - Unbaked
- Slice,, Peel and Cut into 1/2" Cubes (
Click HERE for video)
- In large pot, Boil to soften (like potatoes for mashing)
- Drain and Puree in a Blender until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a collendar and allow to cool & drain to removed the last of the moisture. (Over-night is great.)
- Pre-heat Oven to 425°F
- Combine all ingredients in a Large Bowl using a hand mixer on Low/Medium to get a smooth blend with some small bubbles but NO FOAM.
- Place Pie Crust in Pie Pan and crimp edges.
- Fill Pic Crust with mixture and cover edges of crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 Minutes
- Reduce temp to 325°F and bake for additional 30 minutes.
- Remove crust cover for last 10 Minutes
- Test for doneness with toothpick.
This usually will make enough filling for 2 pies. Commercial Pie Crusts are also usually packaged in pairs.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved