29 May, 2023
Almond Rice PilafPosted in : Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood, Sides on by : MikeZ
Almond Rice Pilaf
A complex dish with onion and sliced almond accents that contribute healthy fats. Each bite delivers a crunch to highlight any chicken, vegetables, or fish paired with it. Healthy eating that's actually fun.Difficulty: Easy
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- 3 tsp. Butter
- 1 Small Onion - Diced
- ½ Cup Brown Rice - Dry Instant
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth - Low Sodium
- ⅓ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ tsp. Herbes de Provence - (or Thyme)
- ⅛ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley - Chopped (Optional)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, almonds, cover, and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until well coated.
- Add spices, broth and water, bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed – about 30 minutes.
- Allow some rice to lightly fry for a bit of crunch.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley just before serving. (optional)
Feel free to add a cooked protein (Shrimp, Fish, Chicken, or Beef) to the final assembly for a complete entreé.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved