13 November, 2021
Cookies – Italian KnotPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Italian Knot Cookies
A traditional Holiday Cookie. Light and sweet, these bite-sized favorites will disappear very quickly.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Several Baking Sheets
- ½ cup Butter - softened
- ½ cup Sugar - Granulated
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsps. Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups AP Flour
- 3 tsps. Baking POWDER
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. Milk - Adjust consistency to suit
- Juice of one Lemon - (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture until blended.
- Divide dough into walnut-sized portions. Roll each piece into a rope and then shape into a knotted loop.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm and golden at the edges.
- Combine Sugar and Milk in a dry bowl, whisking to smooth. Add Milk and Lemon Juice (Optional) slowly until desired consistency is reached.
Shared by Pat Tucci – December 2, 2019 May be stored in an air-tight container and frozen.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved