27 November, 2021
Cookies – PinwheelPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Soft, buttery, and flakey. Filled with Fruit Jam. Perfect for breakfast, a coffee break, or a holiday gathering.Difficulty: Medium
Servings 4 dozen
- Stand Mixer
- Several Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 12 oz unsalted Butter - softened
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 ¼ cups AP Flour
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar - for dusting
- ½ Jar Fruit Jam
- 8 oz Cream Cheese - softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface, divide into 4 balls, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 Hours or Overnight.
- Prepare cream cheese filing by beating cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar in your stand mixer.
- Take dough out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Dust working surface with powdered sugar and roll out each ball to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut 3×3 inch squares.
For Pinwheel Shape
- Using a pizza cutter, cut a 1-inch slit diagonally on each corner of the squares. Using a Pastry Bag, fill centers with 1/2 tsp jam. Bring every other corner of dough together to center and press to seal.
For Kolachi Shape
- Fill as above. Then fold two opposite corners toward the center to overlap slightly.
Baking Instructions for either…
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Transfer pastries to baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space in between. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are browned.
- Cool on a wire rack. Generously dust with powdered sugar.
For Alternate Filling Recipes, see HERE.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved