19 November, 2021
Cookies – Italian Lemon DropPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Italian Lemon Drop Cookies
Soft and Lemony, these Holiday cookies compliment any Cookie Table.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Several Baking Sheets
- 6 cupa AP Flour
- ½ Lb. Butter - Melted
- 1½ cups Granulated White Sugar
- 6 Eggs - Whole
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 Tbsps. Baking POWDER
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp. Lemon Extract
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Melted Butter and Sugar. Mix well.
- Add Egges – Beat well.
- Add Lemon Extract
- Add Baking POWDER, Salt, and Flour alternately with Milk until Flour & Milk are all used.
- Drop by Tablespoon onto UNGREASED Cookie sheet
- Bake for 5 Minutes until brown on BOTTOMS, not tops.
- Carefully Transfer to Wire Rack to cool, then refrdgerate before icing.
- Combine Powdered Sugar with Water, 1 tablespoon at a time, adding Lemon Extract after first addition of water.
- Mix constantly, adding more water until the icing is the consistency you like.
- Finish by adding Yellow Food Coloring to the desired color.
- Ice each cookie – then refrigerate. Two applications make for really great treats.
May be frozen in an air-tight container after icing sets up for months. Separate layers in the container with wax paper.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved