18 November, 2021
Cookies – Pecan TartsPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Bite-sized Cookies with a flakey shell and a soft, sweet nut filling that's sure to become one of your Holiday favorite cookies.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 24 Tarts
- 2 Mini Tart Pans
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 12 Pecans - Cut in Half
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese - 3 oz.
- ½ cup Margarine - (1 Stick)
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Margarine
- ¾ cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup Pecans - Chopped Extra Fine
- 1 dash Salt
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients
- Cut Margarine and Cream Cheese into Flour as you do for Pie Dough
- Cover and Chill for a MINIMUM of 3 Hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease Tins (Cooking Spray)
- Using your fingers, line each tart cavity with a thin layer of Dough. Rolling into a ball between your palms before inserting in tin helps make the shells uniform.Shells should protrude sightly above the rim of the cavity.
- Place a Pecan half in the bottom of each shell
- Put 1 tsp. of filling in each shell. (DO NOT overfill.)
- Bake for 15 Minutes @ 350°F.
- Reduce Heat to 250°F and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan and storing.
Since this recipe calls for your oven to cycle through two temperatures, you probably want to make two batches of 24 tarts for a total of 4 dozen. A dusting of powdered sugar before serving is a nice touch. May be frozen in an air-tight container for months.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved