13 November, 2021
Cheesecake – ChocolatePosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Chocolate Cheesecake cut into Fudge Squares with Peppermint Candy Cane Pieces. Difficulty: Easy
- Baking Pan for Fudge (Lightly Greased)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 Tbsp. butter - melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. coffee beans - finely ground
- ¼ tsp. salt - crushed into powder
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate - finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese - at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs - at room temperature
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate - chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. corn syrup - light or dark
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream - at room temperature
- ½ cup candy canes - crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil.
- Process the chocolate wafers in a food processor with the butter, sugar, coffee, and salt until fine. Evenly press the crust into the prepared dish covering the bottom completely.
- Bake until the crust sets, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; at 75% power until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir, and continue to heat until completely melted, up to 2 minutes more. (Alternatively; use a small double boiler stirring occasionally until melted and smooth).
- Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream together in the food processor until smooth. Scrape down the sides, as needed. Add the eggs and pulse until just incorporated. With the food processor running, pour the chocolate into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling evenly over the crust. – smoothing with a spatula. Bake until the filling puffs slightly around the edges but is still a bit wobbly in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Put the chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 75% until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir the ingredients together until smooth; add the sour cream. Spread the glaze evenly over the warm cake and scatter the crushed candy canes over top. Cool completely, and then refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into small bars or squares. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Store the bar covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To crush the candy canes, remove wrappers and place in a resealable plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to roll over and break up the candy into small pieces, about 1/4 inch or so. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Shared by Pat Tucci – November 30, 2019
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved