13 November, 2021
Haluski – BakedPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Cabbage and NoodlesEgg noodles with cooked chopped cabbage and onionsDifficulty: Easy
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Large Soup Pot
- Large Roasting Pan
- 1 pkg egg noodles - 16 ounce
- 1 cup butter - divided
- 2 large onions - chopped
- 2 small heads cabbage - cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 Tbsp. water - or as needed (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic - Minced (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Cook Noodles per package directions in lightly salted water until al Dente.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir onions until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. (Optional) Add Minced Garlic just as onions soften to meld flavors.
- Add remaining butter and cabbage into onions until cabbage is softened but not browned, 5 to 8 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked noodles and cabbage mixture in a large roasting pan and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with more salt and black pepper to taste
- Bake until golden brown on top, 30 to 40 minutes.
The use of Garlic is strictly up to the taste of the Chef. Shared by Pat Tucci – November 11, 2019
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved