18 December, 2021
Cannoli FillingPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Creamy, delicately sweet, and the perfect contrast to crisp pastry shells, this dreamy filling is easy to whip up and a great foundation for a number of toppings and additions like chocolate chips, sprinkles, or crushed nuts.Difficulty: Beginner
- Piping Bag with Large Tip
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 box Cannoli Shells - (4 oz.) or 2 boxes of Mini Shells
- 1 Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese - 32 oz. – drained
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar - plus more for garnish (optional)
- 2½ tsp. Vanilla
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Pinch Cinnamon
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips - plus more for garnish (optional)
- Drain the ricotta in a fine-mesh strainer or collander lined with cheesecloth. Place the strainer over a bowl and add the ricotta to the strainer. Let the ricotta drain in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- In a mixing bowl fold and stir together drained ricotta, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe filling into cannoli shells.
- Dip each end of each cannolo into chocolate chips, if desired, and gently dust the filled and decorated cannoli with powdered sugar.
Want to make your own shells? See our recipe for Pizzelles.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved