26 September, 2022
TurnoversPosted in : Breakfast, Cookies, Desserts, Misc on by : MikeZ
Super simple yet delicious Pastry treat. Easy enough for the kids to make on Sunday Morning.Difficulty: Beginner
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 1 can Fruit Flavored Pie Filling
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet
- Granulated Sugar
- Thaw one sheet of Puff Pastry Dough per package directions
- Preheat Oven to 400° F.
- Unfold Dough on Parchment covered Baking Sheet
- Cut into four squares and place a Tablespoon of Pie Filling in the center of each square (about 4 or 5 Cherries is enough.)
- Wet edges of squares with water and fold into triangles, sealing edges together.
- Brush the top of each triangle with water and top with a sprinkle of Sugar.
- Bake for 20 – 25 Minutes until Golden Brown.
Puffy Pastry Sheets are found in the Frozen Food Section and are two per package. This recipe uses only one sheet. (These were Pepperidge Farm.) You can use your own, homemade pie filling but I use canned Cherry Pie Filling found in the Baking Aisle at the store. You won’t need more than about 4 or 5 cherries in each Turnover. This works with almost every flavor of filling.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved