20 October, 2022
Aloha Quick BreadPosted in : Bread, Breakfast, Desserts on by : MikeZ
Aloha Quick Bread
A taste of the Islands in your kitchen. This bread makes a wonderful treat at Breakfast or with Afternoon Tea. Yield: 1 loaf Difficulty: Beginner
Servings 8 Slices
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 5" x 9" Loaf Pan
- 2 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Ripe Bananas - Mashed
- 1 Cup Coconut
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Macadamia Nuts - Chopped
- ½ Cup Crushed Pineapple - Drained
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Grated Orange Peel
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp. Almond Extract
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl,
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas, milk, orange peel and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in coconut, nuts and pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 min. or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Submitted by Cheryl Whetstone of Niles.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved