28 March, 2022
Funnel CakesPosted in : Misc on by : MikeZ
Just like the treats at the State Fair or Church Festival.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Medium SaucePan
- Funnel 5/8" neck
- 2 ⅔ cups AP Flour
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking SODA
- 1 tsp Baking POWDER
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Oil - for frying
- Confectioner’s Sugar - for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch of oil until hot.
- Using a finger to close the bottom of a funnel, dispense batter into hot oil, swirling it in circles from center outward. Fry until golden, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve warm.
Unused batter will thicken and not pass easily through the funnel! Add milk to thin.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved