28 March, 2022
Deep Fried VeggiesPosted in : Misc on by : MikeZ
Deep Fried Veggies
Breaded, Deep Fried Vegetables like those you love at the Church Festival. Great for mushrooms, cauliflower, jalapeno slices, green beans, onions rings, red and green bell pepper slices.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Sauce Pan or Deep Fryer for Deep Frying
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Pancake Mix - Just-add-water style
- 1 ¾ cups Water - per Pancake Mix directions
- ½ cup AP Flour
- 4 cups fresh mixed Vegetables - Caned & Dried
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- In medium bowl, combine pancake mix and water. Mix well.
- Place flour for coating the vegetables on wax or parchment paper.
- In large saucepan, pour oil to 2 inches deep. Heat oil over high heat.
- Dredge vegetables in flour one at a time
- Dip in pancake batter.
- Carefully place in hot oil. Process several pieces at once in the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Salt to taste.
Serve with Ranch Dressing. Cauliflower: Steam until al dente before frying. Jalapeno peppers: Slice into rings, remove seeds and ribs. For a milder flavor, blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Dry before deep frying.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved