29 June, 2023
Eggplant ParmesanPosted in : Misc on by : MikeZ
A simple and delicious dish that everyone will enjoy.Difficulty: Easy
- Large, rimmed baking pan
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowl Egg Wash & Crumbs
- 1 Lg. Eggplant - Peeled and Sliced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Garlic Bread Crumbs
- cup Parmesan Cheese - Freshly Grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese - Finely Shreaded
- 1 can Italian Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and slice the eggplant into 3/4″ thick slices.
- Soak the slices in salt water for 20 minutes to stop the absorption of butter fats and remove the bitterness of the eggplant.
- Coat a rimmed baking pan with melted butter.
- Whip eggs together with salt and pepper to make an egg wash.
- Dredge the slices, first in the egg wash and then in the bread crumbs. Place them on the buttered baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the slices and smuther with tomato sauce. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and spread a thick layer of parmesan cheese over the slices.
- Top each slice with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted. About 10 minutes. Do not let the cheese burn.
Use your favorite flavor of Italian Tomato Sauce. Photo and recipe supplied by Joe Krug of Braddock, Pa.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved