28 March, 2022
Corn DogsPosted in : Misc on by : MikeZ
Deep Fried Goodness fresh from the County Fair or Church Festival. Difficulty: Beginner
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Wooden Skewers
- Tall Glass For Dipping vertically
- Muffin Pan Optional (See Note)
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking POWDER
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Mik
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable oil - For frying
- Thread the hot dogs on wooden Skewers. Leave some of the handle exposed to hold while frying. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, four, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. The batter should be fairly thick. SLOWLY add a little extra milk to thin.
- Heat several inches of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat to 350ºF.
- Transfer the batter to a tall cup to dip the hot dogs.
- Working with one hot dog at a time, dip the dog into the batter, twisting it to evenly coat it. Pull the hot dog out of the batter and let any excess drip off making sure the hot dog is still completely coated.
- Place the dipped hot dog into the hot oil and start to twirl the hot dog by the stick. Make sure the hot dog is completely covered by hot oil. Once the coating has started to brown a bit, you may stop twirling, but make sure the corn dog browns evenly on all sides.
- Once the hot dog is golden brown, remove it from the oil and place on a wire cooling rack covered with a paper towel.
- Remember the dogs will be hot. Bite with Care.
When batter is almost gone, try cutting the dogs into pieces, dipping/rolling in batter and BAKE in a Muffin pan. Same taste but NO grease.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved