17 October, 2022
Alfredo Sauce – TraditionalComments : 1 Posted in : Chicken, Pasta, Sauces, Seafood on by : MikeZ
Alfredo Sauce – Traditional
A rich and creamy sauce over pasta, broccoli, asparagus, chicken or shrimpDifficulty: Easy
Servings 4 cups
- 12” Skillet with Deep Sides
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic - optional
- 8 large Egg Yolks
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese - grated
- Salt and Black Pepper - to taste
- Add butter to a large, high-lipped pan, and melt over medium heat. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream. (Add garlic here, if desired) Add to pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the pan, whisking continuously. Do NOT overheat as eggs will begin to form curds and scramble. Continue to whisk for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and let cheese fully melt. The mixture should thicken and coat the back of your spoon when done.
- Your sauce is complete and read to serve.
Serving suggestions: Add cooked pasta, sautéed broccoli, asparagus spears, chicken or shrimp to the pan and toss to coat. Remove from heat and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve immediately. Submitted by Linda Wittman of Canton
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved