6 January, 2023
Waldorf SaladPosted in : Salads on by : MikeZ
The house Fruit and Lettuce Salad created originally at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in NYC.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Lettuce - Romaine or your choice
- 3 cup apples - diced
- 2 cup Celery - diced small
- 2 cup Seedless Red Grapes - halved
- 1 cup Walnuts - coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Dates - quartered
- ¼ cup Dark Raisins
- ¼ cup Golden Raisins
- Nutmeg - for garnish – Optional
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- All ingredients should begin at refrigerator temperatures.
- Combine Apples, Celery, Grapes Walnuts, Dates and Raisins in a large bowl.
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Fold the dressing over the fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate until served.
- Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg if desired.
Lite versions may be substituted in dressing. Submitted by Margaret Polkabla of Campbell.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved