20 November, 2023
Mac and Cheese for TwoPosted in : Pasta, Sides on by : MikeZ
Mac and Cheese for Two
A cheesy, mouth-watering recipe for when it's just two of you. This casserole uses an assortment of cheeses and your favorite breadcrumbs to create perfection with a crisp topping.
- 9" Sq. Glass Baking Dish
- Medium SaucePan
- 8 oz. Elbow Macaroni - uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. Butter - unsalted
- 2 Tbsp. AP Flour
- ¾ cups Milk
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ¼ tsp. Dry Mustard Powder
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1⅕ cups Cheddar Soup - undiluted
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese - grated – divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese - grated
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs - (See note)
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fully cook Elbows acording to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook for 2 minutes while stirring to make a rue. Slowly whisk in half and half, milk, mustard powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sauté over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese & 1½ cups cheddar cheese until melted. Add cheddar soup.
- Toss cheese sauce and elbows together. Pour into a greased 9×9 pan. Top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until bubbly. Do not overcook. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving
This is the perfect size for an Entrée for two or a side for a small group. Substitute your favorite Breadcrumbs. Experiment with Panko or Italian Flavored.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved