4 April, 2022
Pork Chops – Southern FriedPosted in : Pork on by : MikeZ
Southern Fried Pork Chops
The best pork chop recipe you will ever have!
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 12” Skillet with Lid
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops - 1/4" Thick
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Self-Rising flour
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Chicken-flavored Base -
- Salt & Black Pepper - To Taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash the pork chops and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine milk and egg. Whisk until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the chicken-flavored base, seasonings, and flour. Stir until well mixed.
- Coat each pork chop with the flour mixture.
- Dip each coated pork chop into the milk mixture, then back to the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet to medium.
- Fry pork chops on each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Chicken-flavored Base is Commercially available at your grocer in the Bullion aisle. To make your own Self-Rising Flour, sift together 1 1/2 tsp. of Baking POWDER ( or 1/2 tsp. pf Baking SODA) and a pinch of Table Salt for each cup of All-Purpose Flour.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved