2 November, 2022
Pork Chops – SmotheredPosted in : Pork on by : MikeZ
Skillet Smothered Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
Smothered with savory apple, onion and thyme, these delicious skillet pork chops will make for an easy dinner tonight!Difficulty: Easy
- 12″ nonstick skillet
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops - 1″ Thick
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup Onions - Thinly Sliced
- 4 tsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 cups Honeycrisp Apple - Cut in 1/4″ Slices
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Rub pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on first side.
- Turn pork; reduce heat to medium; cook 4 to 6 minutes longer.* Transfer to plate, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add onions and 3 tsp. of thyme. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and begin to brown.
- Add apple; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth; simmer uncovered 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are crisp-tender and sauce is reduced.
- Serve onion mixture over pork; garnish with remaining 1 tsp. thyme.
Braeburn or Fuji apples are a great substitute for Honeycrisp. * Use a digital instant-read thermometer to test for doneness. Range: 140° – 145° F
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved