27 February, 2022
Sausage with MostaccioliPosted in : Pork on by : MikeZ
Baked Mostaccioli with Italian Sausage
Satisfying and flavorful, this cheesy pasta bake with Italian sausage is great on Lasagna night.Difficulty: Beginner.
- 9 x 13 Baking Pan
- Medium Soup Pot
- Pasta Pot and Colander To cook & drain pasta
- 8 ounces Mostaccioli or Penne Pasta
- ½ Lb. bulk mild Italian Sausage OR 5 Links
- 1 Medium Onion - Chopped – Small
- 1 clove Garlic - Minced
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce - any flavor (26 ounce)
- ½ tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese - Divided – Shredded
- Chopped Parsley to garnish - optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" x 13" rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta until al dente. It should still be firm and not quite done.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, cook sausage until browned, stirring frequently to break sausage into small pieces. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender, stirring occasionally. (If using Links, slit and remove casing. Break into small pieces.)
- Add pasta sauce and Italian seasoning to pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine cooked Pasta, sauce mixture, and half of the cheese. Transfer to baking dish, cover, and bake for 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 8 minutes longer, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Garnish with Parsley &/or sprinkle with Parmesan when serving, if desired.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved