11 November, 2021
Ham and Cheese Potato CasserolePosted in : Pork on by : MikeZ
Ham and Cheese Potato Casserole
A family favorite for almost any wintery weather. This dish can be adjusted to any size to feed 4 to as many as your table will seat.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Oven-proof Baking Dish or Dutch Oven
- 5 Russet Potatoes - Peeled and Sliced thin
- ½ Sweet Onion
- 4 slices White American Cheese - broken into small pieces
- 4 slices Cheddar Jack Cheese - broken into small pieces
- 1 sprinkle Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Tbsp. AP Flour
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- Salt, Pepper, and Onion Powder to taste .
- 2 Ham Steaks. - Julienned
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Spray Cooking Oil
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Add half of the potatoes to casserole. Sprinklw with seasoning and 2 Tbsp. of the Flour.
- Dot with pats of butter, using half.
- Pour 3/4 cup of milk to moisten flour. Add 1/2 of cheese on top
- Add half of ham
- Build a second layer with the remaining potatoes, ham, and cheeses. Dot top with remaining Butter.Sprinkle bread crumbs over entire Casserole., adding a drizzle of olive oil on bread crumbs. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hrs. Remove foil 15 minutes before serving to allow bread crumbs to brown.
Serve with a salad and vegetable of your choice. Makes for an easy dinner when time is short. Recipe can be adjusted to feed a hungry crowd.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved