13 October, 2022
Fried ChickenPosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Regular or Extra Crispy Fried Chicken in your Air FryerDifficulty: Easy
- Air Fryer
- 3 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 6 Chicken Parts - Bone in, Skin On.
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (Plain or Panko)
- 1 cup AP Flour
- ⅓ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Basil
- ⅙ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Dried Mustard
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ tsp White Pepper
- ½ tsp Baking POWDER - Optional for Chrispy
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390°F.
- Line the bottom of the Basket with Parchment Paper or use a Silicone Basket liner
- Arrange 3 bowls with 1) Flour + all Seasonings, 2) Beaten Egg, and 3) Breadcrumbs.
- Dredge parts through Seasoned Flour, then Egg, and then Breadcrumbs. Repeat Egg and Breadcrumbs for a thicker coating.
- Arrange in the Air Fryer in a single layer.
- Fry for 13 minutes, then Flip and fry for an additional 13 Minutes. Monitor browning to avoid burning the breading. Internal temp should be 165°F.
This is a reasonable approximation of KFC cried Chicken. Use a single coating of Panko or double dredge with regular, unseasoned Breadcrumbs. Adding the Baking Powder will give extra crispy skins.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved