24 October, 2022
Chicken MarsalaPosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
A variation on traditional Italian Scaloppini dishes, this wine and mushrooms blend sets it apart from other chicken recipes. Delicious.Difficulty: Easy
- 5 – 6 Qt Pot to boil Pasta
- 10″ skillet
- Shallow Dish
- 4 Chicken Breasts - Boneless Skinless
- ½ Cup AP Flour
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Mushrooms - Sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
- ½ Cup Dry Marsala Wine
- 8 Oz. Linguine Noodles - Cooked al denté
- Cook Pasta to al denté per package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, pound Chicken Breasts to 1/4" thickness between sheets of plastic wrap.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in 10" skillet. Sauté garlic, mushrooms and parsley for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Add wine. Cook 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center (165°F).
- Serve over pasta.
Linguine is the preferred pasta but any will be delicious.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved