12 October, 2021
Chicken in White WinePosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Chicken Thighs in White Wine Sauce
- Large Oven Proof Skillet
- 4 – 5 Bone-in Chicken Thighs w/ Skin
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- ½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ Tablespoon garlic - minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms - washed and sliced OR
- 1 Lg Onion – Sliced
- ¼ cup heavy cream - optional
- Parsley - roughly chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pat the Chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chicken, skin-side down, and sear for 13 minutes. Don’t move the chicken around while it cooks.
- When done searing, rotate the pan to move the oil around to help loosen the Chicken. Use a thin spatula to carefully remove the Chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the Butter and Mushrooms or Onion to the pan and cook until they begin to brown and caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the white wine and use the spatula to scrape up the chicken remnants.
- Add the Garlic and Lemon Juice and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the Heavy Cream. Add the Chicken, seared side up, and heat on stove for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes (165°F internal temp).
- To use Skinless Boneless Thighs just reduce oven time to 15 Minutes.
- For alcohol-free: Substitute Chicken Broth for the White Wine.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved