4 November, 2021
Chicken CacciatorePosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
A great Sunday Dinner Favorite in a rich Wine Tomato-based sauce.Difficulty: Medium
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Zip lock plastic bag
- 1 sweet Onion - sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - sliced
- 1 lb. Mushrooms - sliced (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce - 28oz.
- ½ cup Red Wine - Lambrusco is great
- 2 each Chicken Breasts, Thighs, Drumsticks
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Flour - to coat Chicken parts
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat 3/4 cup Olive Oil in skillet
- Put Salt & Pepper in a zip lock bag with Flour. Shake to blend.
- Add Chicken to bag & shake to coat.
- Add Chicken to skillet and brown on all sides. Don'tovercrowd the pan. Make in batches if necessary.
- Remove from pan when brown
- Add all veggies and sauté for 10 min. until Peppers are soft.
- Then add Chicken, Tomato Sauce, and Wine into the pan.
- Cook on simmer for 90 minutes with the pan covered.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Also pairs well with Mashed Potatos.
Substitute Water for Wine for an alcohol-free version.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved