14 December, 2021
Beef – MongolianPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Mongolian Beef – Slow Cooker
An easy way to make this favorite Oriental dish without slaving over a hot Wok.Difficulty: Easy
- 4 – 5 Qt. Slow Cooker
- ¾ cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp. Fresh Gingerroot - Minced
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic - Minced
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup White Onion - ¾" dice
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper - ¾" dice
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper - ¾" dice
- 1 Lb. Beef Flank Steak - cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 5 Green Onions - cut into 1" pieces
- Sesame Seeds - (Optional)
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first 11 ingredients. Add beef and toss to coat.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours, until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef. Cook, covered, on high until sauce is thickened, 15-30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with green onions and, if desired, sesame seeds.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved