5 November, 2021
Pot Roast over PastaPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Pot Roast over Pasta
No-Fuss Pot Roast served over your favorite Pasta. A great one-pot meal for a large family at dinner time.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Duch Oven
- Large Pasta Pot
- 3 Lbs. Rump Roast
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery - chopped
- 1 Carrot - chopped
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1 can Tomatos - 28-oz crushed or diced
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 pound Pasta Shells - uncooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Season the Beef with Salt and Pepper. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Sear the meat all over, 2 minutes per side. Don't forget edges.
- Move the meat to the side (or remove it from the pot if convenient), add vegatables and brown , stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Garlic and cook for a 1 or 2 minutes longer. Add the Wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom.
- Add the Tomatoes, Water and Bay Leaves (and the meat if you removed it). Bring the liquid to a simmer and taste for seasoning. Add more salt if necessary.
- Cover the pot and bake, basting the meat occasionally, until tender, about 3 hours.
- About 20 minutes before the meat is tender, bring a pot of water to a boil and salt liberally. Add the Pasta, give it a stir and cook until al dente. Drain.
- To serve, shred meat with 2 forks. Serve over pasta,. Add plenty of sauce and vegetables, tossing them all together.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved