30 April, 2023
Goulash – Depression EraPosted in : Beef, Pasta on by : MikeZ
This is pure comfort food. Tons of protein from the beef and cheese. It’s rich, hearty, and perfectly seasoned while only taking 45 minutes to make. Difficulty: Easy
- Large Oven Proof Skillet
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ lb. Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Medium Onion - Finely Chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce - (15 oz.)
- 1 can Petit Diced Tomatoes - (14.5 oz.) Drained
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
- ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic - Minced
- ¾ Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook macaroni for 3 minutes less than the box directions, then drain.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, over high heat, brown beef and onions. Break beef apart, cooking for 6-7 minutes. Drain any fat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Add the cooked macaroni and cheddar cheese. Place the skillet in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the goulash is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Refrigerate leftovers in an air-tight container for 4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, transfer to a casserole dish or Dutch Oven, then bake.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved