16 December, 2021
Cheesecake – Chocolate PeppermintPosted in : Desserts on by : MikeZ
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
A hint of coffee cuts the sweetness to tolerable levels making this a fantastic treat for the entire family.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 16 Squares
- 8" Square Baking Dish
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- Medium Microwave-Safe Bowl
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter - melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. coffee beans - finely ground
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate - finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs - at room temperature
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate - chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. light or dark corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream - at room temperature
- ½ cup crushed candy canes - (See Notes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Neatly line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil.
- Combine the chocolate wafers in a food processor with butter, sugar, coffee, and salt until fine. Evenly press the crust into the prepared dish covering the bottom completely.
- Bake until the crust sets, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; at 75% power until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir, and continue to heat until completely melted, up to 2 minutes more. (Alternatively; use a double boiler. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth).
- Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream together in the food processor until smooth. Scrape down the sides, as needed. Add the eggs and pulse until just incorporated. With the food processor running, pour the chocolate into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling evenly over the crust. Bake until the filling puffs slightly around the edges, but is still a bit wobbly in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Put the chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 75% until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir the ingredients together until smooth; add the sour cream.
- Spread the glaze evenly over the warm cake and scatter the crushed candy canes over top.
- Cool completely, and then refrigerate overnight. (8 Hours min.)
- Cut into small bars or 2" squares. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Store the bar covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To crush the candy canes, remove wrappers and place them in a resealable plastic bag. Roll over with a rolling pin to break the candy into small pieces, smaller than 1/4″ Shared by Pat Tucci – December 12, 2019
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved