18 December, 2021
Cake – Chocolate Mousse LayerPosted in : Desserts on by : MikeZ
Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake
A scrumptious multi-layer cake with a delicious Musse filling between layers. Difficulty: Medium
- 9" Cake Pan x 2
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cake Slicer
- ½ cup Cold Water
- 1 12¼ oz. Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup Heavy Cream - whipped
- 1 3.9 oz. Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 1 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate Squares - melted
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 oz.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for two 9-inch layers. Cool and remove from pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Gradually stir in the water, then instant pudding until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator, and stir to loosen. Fold in whipped cream and return to the refrigerator for at least another hour.
- Slice both cakes into 3 or 4 thin slices. Use a Cake Slicing Tool if you're not too steady with a serrated knife. (It's your choice on the number of total layers)
- Place one layer of cake onto a serving plate. Top with a ¼" thick layer of the mousse. Add another layer and repeat being careful to keep layers centered as the cake grows in height.
- Frost sides and top with the remaining mousse, and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chocolate shavings or chips.
You may need more Mousse if your filling layers are too thick. You may also choose to frost the top and sides with a different icing (White) as shown in the photos.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved