28 October, 2022
Pie – Mini ApplePosted in : Cookies, Desserts on by : MikeZ
Mini Apple Pies
Mini Pie Shells and a traditional Apple Pie Filling make this an all-time favorite for Pie Aficionado.Dificulty : Easy
- 2 Non-Stick Muffin Tins Ungreased
- Medium Sauce Pan w/ Lid
- Large Mixing Bowl for Apples
- Medium Mixing Bowl for Crumb Topping
- 1 box Mini Pie Crusts - 14 Count (14.1 oz.)
- 2 ½ cups Baking Apples (Granny Smith) - peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cup Water
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ⅔ cup AP Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup cold Butter
- Peel, core and roughly dice Apples into small (1/4") cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add water; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add apples; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apples are tender, about 8 minutes. Cool this filling for 30 minutes.
- Combine Flour, Sugars and Butter in medium bowl using a fork to crush and mix well.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove crusts from pouches; slowly and gently unroll on work surface. Separate into 14 crusts; Keep scraps for later.
- Fit crusts into 14 ungreased regular-size muffin cups, pressing firmly against sides and bottoms. Spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling into each crust-lined cup.
- If using Crumb Topping, apply now.If topping with Lattice or dough, re-roll scraps to 1/8" thick and cut into lattice strips &/or leaf shapes for top decoration. Arrange on top of pies before baking. (Optional- Wet Decorations with water and sprinkle with granulated Sugar.)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crusts are deep golden brown and filling is bubbly. (If baking in batches, refrigerate waiting cups until baking.) Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Use offset spatula or butter knife to gently remove pies from cups; top with whipped topping or ice cream. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Some Muffin Tins are 6 cups each. Using 2 tins will leave dough from 2 unused cups. This can be used for top lattice or other mini decorations.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved